To the people of the internet

The following is a collection of bias thought, formulated over years of examining my surroundings.

Friday, May 20, 2011

And I am joining all my thoughts to you

I mislike the idea of using my first post as an introduction.  I also mislike the idea of explaining exactly why I'm creating a blog, so I will do neither of these things.  Rather, I'm just going to jump into things.

I'm a bit confused by the pace the life has begun to take.  As you grow up, it seems like all you do is prepare for the next big thing in life.  At home, your parents are preparing you to go to kindergarten and survive without them.  Kindergarten nurses you into life as a full-time student in elementary school.  As you near the end of your elementary school career, you are prepared to assimilate yourself into middle school society.  Middle school serves to prepare you for high school, which prepares you for college, which prepares you for your job, at which you work and work to get promoted again, and again, and again.  As you make money, you set goals for your lifestyle--you decide what possessions you want, and work towards being able to afford them.  You work, and work, and work, and save up money for retirement, and when that happens--well, actually, I think that's the main goal.  Retirement.  The freedom to finally do exactly what you want.  Isn't it kind of interesting that, for most people, retirement means spending more time with your family?

...anyhow, there's that.  Think about it, if you so desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment